Helpful information for your first visit
Our administrative staff is ready to help you with questions about scheduling, financial policy and insurance to make that part of the process as simple as possible.
This section offers information from the administrative side of the practice.
Your initial appointment will consist of a thorough dental examination and any necessary dental X-rays. Your existing restorations will be charted and a charting of your periodontal (gingival) health will occur as well. A review of your medical and dental health are important aspects of developing your treatment plan.
With all of this information, we can provide you with a treatment plan to achieve optimal oral health. Occasionally, your dental prophylaxis (cleaning) can be accomplished this same day but until we evaluate your dental health we cannot determine this in advance. When needed, this second appointment will be scheduled for you as soon as possible.
IMPORTANT: A parent or guardian must accompany all patients under 18 at the initial examination visit.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your initial visit:
- Forms we sent to you in advance of your initial appointment (Medical History, Notice of Privacy, etc).
- Any X-rays (within 6 months) if applicable.
- A list of medications you are presently taking.
- If you have medical or dental insurance, bring the necessary information. This will save time and allow us to help you process any claims.
Please alert the office if you have a medical condition that may be of concern prior to dental treatment (i.e., diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves, artificial joints, rheumatic fever, etc.), if you are taking any medication (i.e., heart medications, aspirin, anticoagulant therapy, etc.) or require medication prior to dental treatment (i.e., antibiotics for pre-medication).
New Patient Forms
Please complete the following required forms – click to download, print, and bring to your appointment:
- Patient Registration
- Medical History
- Financial/Payment Policy
- Release of Dental Records
- Notice of Privacy Practices – HIPAA Privacy Form I
- Acknowledgement of Receipt of Notice of Privacy Practices – HIPAA Privacy Form II
Scheduling Your First Visit
Heaton & Fisch Dental Associates office hours are Monday–Thursday, 8am–5pm.
We will schedule your appointment as promptly as possible. If you have an emergency situation, every attempt will be made to see you that day.
We try our best to stay on schedule to minimize your waiting. Due to the fact Dr. Fisch and Dr. Moran provide many types of dental services, various circumstances may lengthen the time allocated for a procedure. Emergency cases can also arise and cause delays. We appreciate your understanding and patience.
Please call us at (802) 775-5286 with any questions or to schedule an appointment.
In order to keep our fees from increasing considerably and by minimizing the expense of billing and accounting, we have chosen to offer our patients three financial options. We appreciate your assistance with our office financial policy:
- All fees less than $300 will be due and payable at the time of treatment. We accept cash, check, and credit card. Financial options are available through our financial coordinator for any fee greater than $300. If you need payment arrangements, they must be made prior to treatment.
- Our office will continue to file your insurance claims, but we can wait no longer than 60 days for the payment from your benefit plan (insurance is typically paid within 30 days). Our office will notify you of any non-payment or balance due and ask for the balance to be paid within 15 days.
- For patients who need extended payments beyond 90 days, we are pleased to offer a finance plan through Care Credit for 12 months interest-free on approved credit for fees greater than $300. We will be happy to explain this plan and assist you with the application process.
PLEASE REMEMBER YOU ARE FULLY RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL FEES CHARGED BY THIS OFFICE REGARDLESS OF YOUR INSURANCE COVERAGE.
Please click on the links below for helpful information:
American Dental Association – Mouthhealthy.org
American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
Care Credit® Healthcare Financing
Schedule Your Appointment
Call our office to learn more about our practice specialties and earliest available appointment dates.
Call us at (802) 775-5286 to schedule your appointment today!